Track and understand faces like never before with faceAPI from Seeing Machines – now available for license.
faceAPI allows you to incorporate Seeing Machines world class face tracking technology into your own product or application. faceAPI provides a suite of image-processing modules created specifically for tracking and understanding faces and facial features. These powerful tracking modules are combined into a complete API toolkit that delivers a rich stream of information that you can incorporate into your own products or services. Seeing Machines faceAPI is the only comprehensive, integrated solution for developing products that leverage real-time face tracking. All image-processing for face tracking is handled internally, removing the need for any computer vision experience.
Version 3.2.6 now available
The current faceAPI v3.2.6 release provides two optimized head-tracking engines, each with different performance and load characteristics suitable for a variety of projects. 3D head position and orientation is tracked, along with lip and eyebrow shape and position (facial expression). Face texture information is provided, along with a number of supporting features for simple integration into your software development, including comprehensive documentation.
- Highly robust, real-time, automatic monocular 3D face tracking.
- Tracks head-position in 3D providing X,Y,Z position and orientation coordinates per frame of video.
- Tracks 3 points on each eyebrow and 8 points around the lips.
- Pose-normalized face texture output, annotated with facial feature coordinates.
- Fully automatic commencement of tracking, with automatic reacquisition if tracking is lost.
- Works with any webcam.
- Works with PointGrey high-speed firewire cameras.
- Raw image memory interface.
- Tracking in movie files – reads avi, wmv, mov and most other file formats.
- Advanced face-detection function, with 3 levels of feature refinement.
- Can track up to +/- 90 degrees of head rotation;
- Can track with as few as 50 pixels across the face;
- Large tracking volume (as a guide, a 640×480 camera provides tracking volume of approximately 100 x 60 x 100 cm).
- Robust to occlusions, fast movements, large head rotations, lighting, facial deformation, skin color, beards, glasses etc.
- Full control over all tracking parameters for purposes of software integration.
- Works in visible and IR lighting.
- Face texture information is provided, along with a number of supporting features for simple integration into your software development, including comprehensive documentation.
Click here to download faceAPI brochures.
Seeing Machines is pleased to announce the release of a non-commercial version of faceAPI. Eligible non-commercial users can now implement face tracking in their own projects, free of charge. The non-commercial license agreement is subject to a number of restrictions, and must be accepted prior to the download and use of the faceAPI. Contact us for more information.