ROYAL FOOD SERVICE
“Our people are our most important resource. Guardian has made our drivers safer every day by keeping them alert and free from distraction.” Mark McClendon, Royal Food Service.
Royal Food Service (Royal Foods) is a privately owned fresh produce and dairy distribution company that was established in Atlanta, Georgia in 1994. Today, as a major fresh foods and dairy distributor for the south-eastern USA, Royal Foods services a wide area of Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia, as well as parts of Tennessee.
- Fleet drivers under time pressure due to perishable cargo, tight deadlines and exacting ‘field to plate’ standards
- Several serious truck accidents lacked satisfactory explanation
- Royal Foods wanted real-time (not post hoc) information about cab environment and road conditions
- Immediate reduction in driver distraction
- Management alerted to drivers dozing or asleep at the wheel
- Increased awareness of the dangers of driver fatigue and distraction
- Guardian made drivers safe by keeping them alert and free from distraction
- Clear message to drivers: safety is a top priority
Click here to download the full case study.