RIVET MINING SERVICES
“Guardian has had a significant impact within the Rivet Mining Services business…the data has assisted us better understand and address our high-risk locations and times of day/shift..” Geoffrey Taylor, Regional Health, Safety, Environment & Training Manager, Rivet Mining Services.
Rivet Mining Services (RMS) is an Australian provider of bulk haulage and onsite ancillary services to the mining industry. Part of the Rivet Group, a trusted provider of large-scale logistics and transport solutions, RMS operates over 100 quad trains across the key resource areas of Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.
- Road-train drivers often navigate the identical route multiple times in a shift
- Driver complacency, distraction and fatigue are of real concern
- RMS believes:
- safety is key to success
- all injuries are preventable
- training and consultation are essential
- engaged staff = more risk-aware staff
- RMS is committed to ongoing improvement in HSE outcomes
- RMS sought to reduce driver distraction and fatigue-related accidents and rollovers
- Increased awareness of the true levels of driver fatigue/distraction
- Real-time back-to-base alerts allow early intervention before accidents happen
- After 1 year, a “large reduction in the frequency of both fatigue and distraction, as well as rollover events”
- Guardian helps RMS drivers to manage fatigue and distractions proactively
- Guardian data assists management to identify and address high-risk locations, times or shifts
- “Guardian has had a significant impact within the Rivet Mining Services business”
Click here to download the full case study.